There was a time not long ago when wired devices were your only choice when installing a home security system. You didn’t have the option of placing a and indoor camera on a table or governing your implements with a cell phone. With that being said, home security is much different now, due in large part to the incorporation of wireless technology. You now have an array of added benefits to enjoy -- like system access from anywhere, devices that function as part of a cohesive network, and quicker installations. Wireless home security systems in Lansing will defend your home while making your life easier.
Important Considerations When Switching To Wireless
If you wish to take advantage of everything wireless security can deliver, you have to have a suitable internet connection. If you have reliable high-speed internet and a decent Wi-Fi router, you’re a good candidate for a wireless installation.
If you’re worried about the internet going down or the loss of power, look for options that have cellular and battery backups in place to keep you connected to your monitoring specialists without interruption.
In the event you live in a more rural area without dependable cellular or internet access, a wired configuration will probably be a better choice. Or It might also be to your advantage financially to go a wired installation if you relocate to a residence that currently has wiring for security components installed.
Perks Of Wireless Home Security Systems
Both conventional wired and wireless home security systems in Lansing will boost your property’s protection, which is the main goal to begin with. However, if you prefer the chance of using the latest technology, review the advantages of wireless:
- Access from anywhere: Gain access to all the components in your house from your lighting to your thermostat directly from your mobile device utilizing the ADT Control app. You have the ability to view who’s at the front door, switch on your connected lights, and even arm your system if you forgot to do so. If an emergency comes up, you are able to have alerts delivered directly to your mobile device.
- Easy to install and customize: You no longer need to worry about the endless wiring, crumbling drywall, and lengthy installations. One of the greatest facets of wireless devices is that you may install them just about anywhere and in less time. If you wish to customize later with other equipment, integrating elements into your configuration is not complicated.
- Smart home device interaction: Wireless capability makes interactions between devices a reality with fast, two-way communications. You may direct your components to take action in certain scenarios to increase your protection and deter home invasions. For instance, if your outdoor camera discerns unusual disturbances around your home, it is able to signal your interior lighting to activate.
Disadvantages Of Wireless Home Security Systems In Lansing
Despite the fact that wireless home security systems in Lansing are known to be reliable, it’s reasonable if you have some hesitations about utilizing one. The following are a few of the most frequent concerns:
- Battery-operated wireless devices might fail when the battery dies. Although this could happen, your smart components will notify you whenever batteries are low and need to be replaced.
- Sensors generally need to be placed within a certain distance from your central command hub. ADT can provide range extenders for some packages to enhance your flexibility.
- Similar to any computer network, the risk of hacking is relevant. You can do things to greatly reduce the risk by using strong passwords, always changing default settings, and using a router with an integrated firewall. In addition, you should only employ security elements with encryption of 128-bit or more.
Ready To Go Wireless? Call Your Security Experts
Are you ready to experience the benefits of the current advancements in Lansing wireless home security? Contact us at (517) 295-3112 to talk to the security specialists at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Our staff will assist you in designing the most suitable package for your home.