How Does Geofencing In Lansing Work With A Home Security System?
Today's home security installations are getting more advanced by the day. Even so, you may still fail to perform simple security duties like activating your a security system, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to remember doing these things in the future? When utilizing geofencing in Lansing, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Lansing For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your property, which you can arrange in your smart security app. This convenient tool then uses your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements use to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology assists your home security by putting all elements onto a single network. You can then set up a virtual “fence” around your property and assign the specific actions you want to occur when you go past the specified border.
For example, as soon as you exit your property, you may program your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Then, when you return to your house, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, turn on lights, and even change your your temperature settings.
Below are several of the devices you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are All Possible With ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Lansing. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to do a lot with automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to signal that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make specific equipment engage in response to a triggered event. Instruct your thermostat to activate the connected fan when the fire alarm goes off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting when your doorbell camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Customize scenes: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that operate in unison. Make your smart bulbs switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Lansing
Whether you seek extra peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (517) 295-3112 or send in the following form to get started on your optimal security system.