How To Decide Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Lansing
You realize you have to protect your home. After all, it’s where your loved ones live and is where you have all of your valuables. But what form of home defense is right for you? Figuring out if you should utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the chief choices you need to make. Examine the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Lansing and get a better sense of what’s right for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose 24-hour monitoring, your home security system links to an external monitoring organization that is set to act at a moment’s notice. Whenever a door sensor triggers or a smoke detector goes off, your monitoring professionals get a warning instantly. They quickly take action to verify the alarm and dispatch the applicable emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored home defense doesn’t have a backup team. You can think of this alternative as self-monitored, which means that if an alarm sounds, you need to act to remedy the situation. This option is the cheaper alternative, but it also puts all the responsibility on your shoulders.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Lansing
Here’s a quick breakdown of the benefits and downsides of a monitored security system.
Advantages Of Monitored Systems
- Heightened security: Having a support system in place is always a good choice. If you are away from home, asleep, or without your smartphone, your property and its inhabitants will still be safeguarded.
- Speedier response times: Monitoring agents are always ready. They’ll reply faster to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems might qualify you for a reduction of your home insurance premium.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: By getting hardware, installation, and monitoring from a trusted home security provider, you will gain access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will come across yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Countless residents would rather have work taken care of by skilled technicians, but some do-it-yourselfers might want to handle it on their own.
- Have to sign a contract: You will typically have to sign a contract when getting monitoring. This stipulation is likely to be acceptable for many as home security is something you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Lansing
Here’s a quick rundown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Affordability: You won’t need to pay a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Some could deem this to be a pro as they can handle the installation themselves and circumvent an installation fee. Other residents may wish to use a professional.
- Greater Flexibility: You are able to install components when you want - and from any manufacturer. With that being said, you could find assembling into a cohesive system more complex.
- You have complete control: You won’t have a third party monitoring your home’s defense. If an urgent situation takes place, you’re in control of getting support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No backup: What happens when you’re away from your smartphone and don’t get a security notification? This scenario will generate added stress and lower your peace of mind.
- Demands your total attention: Since you are the sole person in charge, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- No assistance setting up the system: If you require assistance during the installation, you may have to hire someone else. The installation process is also likely to take more time.
Stay Protected With a Monitored Home Security System In Lansing
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Lansing from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’re sure you’ll agree that a comprehensive, monitored home security system is the best solution for your family. Call (517) 295-3112 today to customize your package.